Counseling and placement cell (TCPC)
Objective of TCPC :
- Ensure employment/ self employment and apprenticeship training to trainee.
• Skill gap mapping & providing skill gap training to make trainees employable.
Function of TCPC :
• Organize campus interview for recruitment of trainees.
• Maintain details of all trainee.
• Collect the requirements of skilled workforce of industries.
• Provide counseling & career guidance to trainees by professionals & experts.
• Do skill gap mapping & provide skill gap training to trainees.
• Keep track of the passed out trainees till they are employed at least for 3 years.
• Conduct survey in industries for apprenticeship training and to find out employment potential.
• Work like employment exchange.
• Publicity centre of excellence scheme.
Roles & Responsibilities of TCPC
• Maintain record of all trainees admitted and keep track of passed out trainees at least for 3 years.
• Maintain follow up register of employment and salary received upto 3 years from the year of passing .whether employed/ self employed/ Apprenticeship training/ gone for higher education.
• Survey, Identification and engagement of Apprentices industries as Apprenticeship act 1961.
• Maintain record of industries / Employing Govt. organization.
• Organize workshop with the help of by DIC/ Banks/ Development Corporations.
• Organize EDP training.
• Inform all passed out trainees about the recruitment fairs organized by Govt./ Private Organization time to time.
• Arrange seminar and workshop regularly for counseling & vocational guidance employment opportunities.
• Display paper cuttings or notices about vacancies.
• Help the trainees to prepare CV.
• Organize training programme to improve interview skills, personality Development, soft skills etc.
• Arrange On-job training (OJT) and industrial visits for trainees.
• Facilitate for overseas employment.
• Conduct survey to find employment potential.
• Co-ordinate with employment Exchange.
• Registration of trainees of Advance Module & specialized Modular training.
Structure of TCPC
|1||Principal/Group Instructor In charge of ITI||Chairman|
|2||APO/ Vice Principal OR JAPO/ G.I. (if post of APO/ Vice Principal is not there or filled in ITI)||Member Secretary|
|3||One instructor of conventional trade (from electrical/ Mechanical group of trades)||Member|
|4||Senior instructor of ITI||Member|
|5||One Trainee of conventional trade||Member|
APO – Apprenticeship & Placement Officer , JAPO – Junior Apprenticeship & Placement Officer.
Sh. Satpal C.O.P.A Instructor (JAPO In Govt. ITI Ferozepur Jhirka)